Look at what is on the official White House Web site. This is Barack Obama's official plan for gun legislation. It is tucked away in his Urban Policy agenda.
Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.
We should assume this statement is carefully worded. Breaking down each part of this statement, one could assume the paragraph expresses the following goals.
- national database of gun serial numbers
- traceable, serial-numbered ammunition linked with a national database of sales data
- ban of high-capacity (>10) magazines for all weapons
- heavy regulations on semi-automatic weapons
- heavy regulation on handguns
- enhanced background checks
- increased waiting periods for gun purchases
- mandatory, built-in electronic gun locks, which require a microchip or PIN to fire the weapon
- outlawing all private person-to-person gun sales
- permanent ban of all weapons deemed to be assault weapons
The scariest term in Obama's gun policy is commonsense measures. Any time someone uses the word commonsense to support his position, you can be sure he has some radical plans that he cannot support with logical arguments. If something is presented as commonsense, the presenter is establishing there is no reason for debate.
Your Second Amendment rights are in serious jeopardy. All it will take is one big school shooting for the Democrats to feel obligated to start banning weapons. Hopefully, nothing like that happens, but it probably will. When it does, look for the most egregious and brazen violation of Second Amendment rights in American History. Once these rights are gone, they may never return.